Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Child-Free Shopping

I've mentioned before that we have a Battalion Ball coming up. I've been trying to get back in shape so I'd fit into my old dress, but it's not going to happen. I've been faithfully working out the best I can, and it does fit better than it did, but it's not all that flattering to be squeezed into a dress that's still two sizes too small. So on that note, I have to go shopping for a new dress. My friend Heidi and I are going ballgown shopping on Saturday WITHOUT OUR KIDS!!! And we are going down to Rancho Cucamonga which is about an hour and a half away, so the likelihood of an emergency call from Daddy to "hurry up and come home and save me" is much reduced!

I can't tell you how excited I am to be going shopping with a girlfriend with no little kids in tow. It's really hard to even look at stuff on a rack, much less try anything on with two - make that three if you include Heidi's son - impatient little boys with you. So it should be really fun to be able to browse to my heart's content at a Southern California shopping mall. :-)

And yes, I know I seem to have a lot of friends named Heidi. I'm not sure why that is, I guess I just like people named Heidi...:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just like people named Heidi! It's actually kinda weird that you know so many people named Heidi it's not that common of a name LOL! Have fun shopping and make sure you take your time, the boys need more daddy time :-)

Roxxi said...

SWEET!!!!! Sounds like my kind of day!