Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Army Wives"

So I've been watching the new show "Army Wives" off and on. I can't decide if I like it or not. I mean, I like watching it, but I can't decide if they are helping or hurting the image the public has of Army Wives. I'm prepared to allow some creative license, it is Hollywood after all, but I'm worried they will take it too far. The preview for next week's episode, for instance, has me wondering. The preview leads the viewer to believe that two of the wives whose husbands are deployed are engaging in affairs. Come on now. While I realize that army wives are not perfect and some infidelity does unfortunately happen during a deployment, for every one that strays, 9 of us stay loyal! It's just so predictable that Hollywood would go that route. I hate for the average person to watch this show and think that it's a true representation of our lives. I would rather they have no impression at all then the wrong one. Oh well, I guess I'll just take the show with a grain of salt and try not to get too worked up about it. I have enough actual Army drama in my life to worry too much about fictional drama!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I have been meaning to blog about this show as well, just haven't had time. I watch it every week and am undecided about it, there are some things that I watch and say "yeah like that would ever happen" and sometimes it just makes me miss being an Army wife. Of course I like to watch to the guys in uniform!! LOL. I did see the preview for next week and agree that they shouldn't make it seem like every Army wife cheats, I mean there is already that one lady, can't think of her name, that was already seen by Roxy having a affair, no need to add anymore in my opinion. I could probably go on about this show for awhile so I'll just stop now! LOL

Jenn - The Army Wife Life said...

I know what you mean, I could nitpick it into the ground, but I still watch it!! It makes me miss living on post where you just breathe "army" all the time. Living off post kind of forces you to have this other life, but it doesn't always fit in with the army life. Oh well, pros and cons to both, I guess! Hmmm...maybe I'll blog about that, too....

Roxxi said...

I HATE THAT SHOW!!!! And how dare they name a character ROXY!!!! It just annoys me b/c they make us all out to be needy, whinry, cheating bitches! If they want to name a show army wives then follow 5 REAL army wives around and make it more like a reality show.