Monday, July 23, 2007

Good Intentions

I decided yesterday evening that I wanted to rearrange my bedroom. It started out with a simple desire to put the TV and DVD player higher up, so that Aiden couldn't reach the buttons. He likes to change the channel and turn it off and turn on the subtitles (so I can't get them off!), and it's just really annoying. So, I thought, maybe we should put the TV up on the dresser, where he can't reach it. Only, if we do that, we'll have to move the dresser over to that wall, because that's where the cable outlet is. So if the dresser is on that wall, we'll have to move the bed because the footboard would be too close to the dresser drawers (I like space to walk!). So if we put the bed over there, that would fix the space problem, but then I have to move the bookcase. I guess I could put the bookcase over on the wall where the headboard used to be...yeah, that'll work. Only now, the wall where the dresser was originally is totally empty and blank. I can't have that, it'll drive me crazy! So what to put on that wall? I know, the couch from the spare room would go perfect on that wall! Let's see, do I have it right? Dresser, yeah...bed over there, okay...bookcase....couch on that wall, should have plenty of room to walk...perfect! HONEY!!!!!

WHAT???

COME IN THE BEDROOM!

WHY?

JUST COME! I HAVE AN IDEA!

Chris comes into the bedroom. What? I want to rearrange the bedroom so that Aiden can't reach the TV. He just looks at me for a full minute. Then he leaves the room....and comes back with the tape measure. Such a good honey. Two hours later the room was moved around to my satisfaction, and we only had to remove the door once. The TV was up on the dresser and out of the reach of little fingers.

This morning I was getting ready and turned on the Wiggles for Aiden to watch. After a few minutes he lost interest and started playing with some books on the shelf, so I turned it to the news. Apparently Aiden didn't want to watch the news, because he walked over to the dresser, reached up on his tiptoes and turned off the TV.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Can't wait until you tell Chris... :-D

Roxxi said...

HE HE HE He's too smart for his own good!:0)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha nice try! I'm sure Chris was thrilled.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just par for the course!