Friday, September 21, 2007

The Urge to Purge

Do you ever get that feeling that you just have too much crap lying around your house and you just want to throw it all away? I've gotten to that point. I can handle clutter for a while, and then I just reach my limit and I have to have a big purging. That is my plan for this weekend. I'm tired of all the "stuff" everywhere, and I've decided to do something about it.

I really don't understand where all of this stuff comes from. I really don't buy that much (anymore), but it always seems to pile up anyway. So I've got a big box of industrial strength trashbags, and I'm prepared to be brutal. If I haven't used it in 6 months, I'm pitching it. If it's still in a box from the last time I moved, I'm pitching it. If I don't know where it came from or what it is, I'm pitching it. I thought about having a yard sale, but that is just too much work. Maybe I'll put some stuff in the shed for when I do decide to have one, but for the most part, it's just going to the dump.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Do I ever understand that feeling!! Try going from living in 2500 sq ft to 400 sq ft travel trailer!! I think I sent a lot of the stuff I purged to YOU. :-D

Mom

Roxxi said...

You go girl!:0)

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel I get that feeling every few months. Most of it is usually Brian's toys! I agree that a yard sell is too much trouble. Maybe you can drop some of it off at the goodwill. They usually have a drive thru so you don't even have to get out of the car! Have fun this weekend =)

trinity said...

I think we both reached that Purging point at the same time. I spent the same weekend ridding myself of a bunch of old stuff that had managed to stay around. Boxes of papers, and mail, and random junk that was just collecting dust. It felt great to have it all gone. Goodbye useless space sucking stuff.