Monday, September 7, 2009

Hello....Anyone There???

Yes, I know. It's been a while. I'm sorry, I just haven't felt like blogging lately. I'd say I don't have time, but we all know that's a lie since I'm addicted to Facebook and spend too much time taking dumb quizzes to find out what 80's cartoon character I am. But I decided that I miss blogging, and I'm going to really start trying to update this more. It's not for lack of things to talk about, that's for sure!

For starters, I'm re-entering the workforce. For all of my fellow SAHM's, don't panic! I'm getting certified to provide Army Family Childcare in my home. I'm almost done with the process, I have to go through my inspections still, but I'm almost there! I'm really excited to start, I think it will be a great way to earn another income and still stay home with my kids while they're little. Our family room has been turned into a preschool classroom, which is actually turning out rather well. Don't call me a "babysitter", for I have lesson plans and menus and LOTS of training. I'm really more like an at-home preschool teacher. Trust me, I'll be earning my paycheck! I'm hoping to be open the beginning of October.

What else? Let's see...Aiden is mostly potty-trained. I say "mostly" because up until a couple of days ago he flat out refused to put his #2 in the potty. I got to the point where I was so frustrated with the whole thing, the doctor told me to put him back in diapers and take a break from it. Lo and behold, after a couple of weeks back in diapers, he took the initiative and pooped on the potty. All by himself. So far we've had it happen twice, I'm hoping it will stick. Cross your fingers because I'm REALLY tired of two in diapers....

My sister is going to have a baby in like, 3 days. I'm super excited to be an Auntie again, this time on my side of the family! Pray that everything goes well, since she's also suffering from a gallstone, which can't be removed until after delivery. I can't imagine being 9 months pregnant and having a gallstone.

Anyway, I *hope* to be updating this a lot more often than every 4 months, so keep checking back, I've missed you...:-)

2 comments: