Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Want to Join Us?

In my last post, I mentioned how much I love to read, so it's only natural that I'm part of a book club here on post. We meet once a month to discuss the latest choice, and also we eat and chat and just have a good time together. I'm going to try something new, and start reviewing the books we read here on my blog. Feel free to read along with me if you'd like. If you're here on Fort Irwin and would like to join us in person, you are more than welcome - the more great minds, the better! We decided last month to start trying to choose books off the BBC's list of 100 Books Everyone Should Read. It provides a wide selection, so everyone should be happy at some point!

This month we have chosen to read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Haddon. There is a link to the right, if you want more information. I just ordered a used copy from Amazon, so once it arrives I'll get started. My plan is to start posting my reviews the day after the meeting, so if you're interested, keep an eye out for that.

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Mike Daley said...

I found this book at the library. I'll be joining you.

vicki d said...

Did you realise that the harry potter serries is on the BBC list?!? I'm just saying.

This winter i'm gonna go through some of the books i haven't read on the BBC list. You know what they say about great minds...

have fun with your book club