Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just Another Thursday Morning

I thought I would share my fabulous morning with all of you.

5:30 AM - Wake up, courtesy of Jack. I could understand when he woke up this early when it was light outside, but now the days are getting longer and it's still dark at the butt-crack of dawn. But still...he's up.

5:32 AM - Coffee brewing. Even Jack knows to leave me alone until I've had my first cup. Start Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD for my little early riser.

5:52 AM - Finally...a cup of coffee.

6:03 AM - Restart Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD.

6:15 AM - Chris leaves for work. Sucks to be him.

6:30 AM - Aiden wakes up and scampers downstairs, informing me very loudly that it's raining. I look out the window - it's cloudless and probably 80 degrees already.

6:33 AM - Aiden asks for food. Jack asks for food. I make Eggo Waffles.

6:34 AM - Restart Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD.

6:40 AM - Get bumped by small children bouncing on the couch and spill coffee all over my leg.

6:41 AM - Go into the kitchen for a towel and step in a puddle of apple juice next to an "unspillable" sippy cup.

6:43 AM - Change pants. Change socks.

6:45 AM - Get another cup of coffee. Sit down at the computer.

6:46 AM - Realize Jack's PJ's are soaking wet from the apple juice spill.

6:47 AM - Remove wet PJ's and send him off to play in his diaper.

6:48 AM - Sit down at the computer with coffee...again.

6:49 AM - Aiden asks for food. Jack asks for food. I make Eggo waffles...again.

6:53 AM - Sit down at the computer with coffee. Coffee is cold. Reheat coffee in the microwave.

6:55 AM - Aiden has to go potty. I clean up that mess, since he is, after all, a boy.

6:58 AM - Help Jack wash his hands. He insists on washing his hands every time Aiden goes potty. What can I say, he's clean.

7:00 AM - Sit down with coffee at the computer.

7:02 AM - Restart Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD.

7:03 AM - Sit down with coffee at the computer. Wait expectantly for a "MOMMY!!!!"...all is quiet. I manage to actually write a blog post.

It's now 7:20 AM.

I'm tired.

No comments: