Sunday, March 14, 2010

Homeward Bound

It's official - after 5 years, we are finally headed back to Germany in December. It's been our favorite duty station so far, and we've been trying to get back ever since we left. This time we'll be bringing along something we didn't have last time - two curious little boys. Aiden was just a little twinkle in my tummy when we left. I can't wait to show my kids Europe. I want them to learn German and experience something besides McDonalds and the fast-paced life of the US. I want to take them to the top of the Eiffel Tower and show them that the whole world is spread out before them. I want them to see Grecian ruins and Venetian canals and tulips in the Spring-time. I want to experience the Green that is Ireland and the Majesty that is the Alps in Winter. I'm so glad to be going back to my beloved Europe, and to be able to share it with my children.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow you guys are so lucky!! We want Germany too but we will see if we are part of the lucky few!

Congrats on the AWESOME PCS!

Your kids will never forget it.

Heidi said...

Europe with little boys is super fun! I am sure the wait will drive you nuts but get that list ready . . . oh and save since the Euro is not so good right now! Oh and of course I'm SO jealous but can't wait to read all about your adventures!