Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I posted the other day that we are moving back to Germany in December, and I CAN'T WAIT! Waiting until then is going to drive me nuts! And although I'm excited about the big move across the Pond, I already know that getting there is going to be a pain in the butt. For starters, I have to get the boys passports, of course. No big deal there except their birth certificates have to be amended first because wonderful Alabama printed some wrong information on them. Seeing as how I live in California now, that's not going to be easy. I have called to see what I need to do, but nobody in the records office seems to be able to tell me exactly what I need to do/send them. It's beyond frustrating. So we'll see, I guess I'll have to call every day and bug the crap out of them until they find someone who knows what to do.

In other news, I'm a full-time FCC Provider now. I had 6 children, but I'm now down to 5 at the moment. All full-time. Of course, 2 of those are mine, so they're 24/7...:-) So I'm pretty busy during the week, but it's really nice to have a good second income. Especially since I don't have to pay for childcare for my own kids out of my paycheck. My plan is to save, save, save as much of my money as we can after paying stuff off, so we can have some traveling money once we hit Europe!

We are going to be getting rid of a lot of stuff before we leave, we only want to take the minimum with us and put the rest in storage. I do want to take our outdated big screen TV though. Maybe it will get broken?? Then the Army will give me money to buy a new one....:-) If it survives another move unscathed, I'll be seriously impressed with Sony craftsmanship. After all, it's already been across the ocean once, and across the country. How much more can it take?? I'm hoping it doesn't take as long as it did last time to get our stuff. When we moved out in '01, we had two shipments - one from Korea which shipped in June and one from CA which shipped in August. They both miraculously were delivered on the same day in December. Chris was in the field, and I had the flu. It was a fun few days.

We're half-considering Paris for Christmas this year...not sure if we'll be in country yet or not, but it's a thought. The Eiffel Tower is beautiful anyway, I can't imagine how it will look at Christmas-time. Listen to me, I feel so cosmopolitan...considering Paris for Christmas this year....I LOVE living in Europe!!

Anyway, I'm rambling....TV Time is almost over so I guess I'd better get back to the grind...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paris is beautiful at Christmas time. You might want to spend New Year there. They close the Champs Elysees for traffic and turn it into a fun pedestrian place.
Okay okay so I am a little jealous! Great blog. Makes me want to blog again.
Muriel