Thursday, May 24, 2007

Feeling Sentimental

Do you ever hear a song and it just instantly gets to you? You've never heard it before, but after hearing it just once, you immediately love it? What is it about music that does that? You may have noticed that I added a new slideshow at the bottom of the page, accompanied by a song called, "My Idea of Heaven" by Leigh Nash. I don't know why, but as soon as I heard this song, I loved it. That got me thinking about all of my favorite songs - Norah Jones' "Come Away with Me"; "Never an Easy Way", by Morcheeba; The Sundays' awesome version of the Stones' "Wild Horses", and of course the classic "The Way You Look Tonight", by the one and only Frank Sinatra. I realized that all of these songs have something in common, they are slow, they have a sentimental sound, and a touch of melancholy. I don't think that I'm a melancholy person by nature, but there is something about all of these songs that just gets me every time I hear them.

I love hearing about new music - what are your favorites?

3 comments:

5Mutarts said...

I remember feeling sentimental before Jeremy left, but I was determined not to have any regrets when he left. Be sentimental, your allowed! =)

Lisa

Pam said...

I know you love country music, but Tim McGraw has a song out called "1,2,3 Like a Bird I Sing" (that's the chorus - I'm assuming it's the title!). It's just a really sweet song and at the end his 3 little girls sing along with the chorus...I really like it.

And then of course...there's Neil... :-D

Mom

Anonymous said...

He Gets That From Me By Reba Mcentire...Makes me cry everytime. Funny how a song can make that happen.