Wednesday, June 6, 2007

10 Years

I realized on the way to work this morning that it's been 10 years today since I graduated from high school. Wow. That snuck up on me. That got me thinking about what I've accomplished in my 10 years of post high school bliss.

I have lived in 4 countries - New Zealand, South Korea, Germany and the United States.

I have visited many more - Australia, Mexico, Poland, England, Austria, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Spain, Japan, Bulgaria....that's all I can remember right now.

I've climbed the Eiffel Tower, stuck my toes in the Adriatic Sea, toured ancient ruins, visited castles, driven the autobahn, gone behind the old "iron curtain", eaten duck heart (I don't recommend it), and wandered the maze of streets that is Venice.

I've gazed at the Mona Lisa, eaten lamb in the shadow of the Acropolis, attended Midnight Mass in a church older than our country, and stood at the tomb of Elizabeth the First in Westminster Abbey.

I'm married with a child, and we own our own home.

All in all, I'd say it's been a good 10 years. I wonder what the next 10 will bring!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you! You have accomplished so much in those 10 years! And I can proudly say I was with you for some of that! I'm sure you've done more in 10 years then most people do a lifetime. I'm sure there is plenty more to come!

Jenn - The Army Wife Life said...

Right back at you!

Pam said...

Wow...just think what you could have accomplished if you weren't held back by being homeschooled!! (You forgot to mention you have a degree...)

Luv u!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Doesn't 10 years seem like such a long time? The DNHS class reunion is coming up in just a couple of weeks, Dana and I are not even going to go. I've kept an eye on the class website though, it's neat to see everyone's pictures with their spouses and children. It's amazing how high school seemed so big, but now we realize just what a small part of our lives it is.
While I haven't traveled near as much as you, or even ventured into the realm of parenthood, these past 10 years have been great! It's amazing how fast it all goes by...
Do you realize that we met 18 years ago? Are we really getting this old??

Pam said...

Sara - you think that makes YOU feel old?? :)

Good to see your posts!

Pam

Jenn - The Army Wife Life said...

Sara - it's hard to believe we've known each other that long! I don't feel old enough to be able to say that I have friends I've known for almost 20 years. I'm glad I do though - it just shows you that while a lot of things change, some things remain the same. I can't wait to see you next month!! We'll be there on the 2nd of July....