Sunday, June 3, 2007

Murphy's Law, part 2


Okay, so we got our dishwasher on Saturday. They delivered it about 9 am, and there it stood in the middle of our kitchen. Chris looked at the back for a minute and then proclaimed, "this is going to be easier than I thought". Any household project that is preceeded by that statement never goes well, in my opinion.


Before we bought the dishwasher, Chris measured it to make sure we got one the same size, or maybe a little bit shorter. I'm not saying that he measured wrong, just that somehow the measurements were a little off (maybe Best Buy uses the metric system....). You guessed it, the dishwasher was too tall. But not by much. So we figure he can just sand the bottom of the countertop a little to make it fit. Great idea, but it doesn't work. So then he says that 2 more tiles are going to have to be sacrificed. I tell him, just do what you gotta do. The tiles come out, and it still won't fit. Now what?


Time for the big tools. I'm in the bedroom with Aiden and I suddenly hear the whir of the circular saw. WHAT?? What is he doing out there?? Let's just say new kitchen countertops are now higher on the priority list....


So, 4 tiles and a countertop later, I have a new dishwasher. Yippee!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Oh my - the circular saw?? That's when you grab your purse, Aiden and the car keys (not necessarily in that order) and say breezily - "Okay honey, since you're working so hard and we don't want to disturb you, Aiden and I are going to run a few errands." Then you get the heck out of Dodge...!! But you also have to bring home beer because when he finally does get the thing installed, he is going to be SO proud and he'll need to beat his chest a couple times and drink beer... :)

I love you Christopher!!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Maybe next time you should do the measuring! Just kidding Chris, I'm sure you did just fine!