Saturday, June 30, 2007

A New Word....

I wasn't planning on posting again for a few days, but I just had to get this down. It seems Aiden has learned the most dreaded word to all parents of toddlers - No. So far he hasn't been too obnoxious with it, but I'm sure the day is coming when everything will be "no!".

Today we were driving to Wal-mart for some last minute things for our trip. Chris was going over his "plan of action" for Monday morning when we leave for the airport. He says, "since we have to be at the airport around 7 or so, I figure we should get up around 4:30." Before another word can be spoken, we hear "Oh no way!" come from the backseat. Apparently, Aiden was not too fond of getting up early.

This evening I was trying to get him to eat some yogurt (he's having some tummy troubles), and he ate the first bite readily enough. He made his yucky face, and when I offered him another bite, he wrinkled up his nose and said "noooooo!" I couldn't really blame him though, I hate yogurt too!

I'm sure I'll get tired of hearing it pretty quick, but for now it's actually pretty cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"No" is a great word for them to learn =) That is funny that Aiden would say that when Chris was talking about getting up early, that must mean Aiden is not a morning person!
Just wait Aiden is sure to learn a lot of great words at daycare, Brian still comes home and says stuff which makes me ask, where did you hear that??
Have a safe and fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Maddy has learned "no" quite well! It doesn't matter what you ask, the answer is " Nooooooo" with her lips puckered out like a kiss, it was cute for the first 3 or 4 hrs. I have taught her to shake her head yes but she won't say it yet. We are making progress. :)