Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day Eighteen - Crescent City, California

I would just like to say that WE MADE IT!!!

Yes, I skipped Day Seventeen, because all we did was lounge around at my Grandma's house and do nothing. Well, almost nothing, my mom and I both woke up with a cold, so I did go to the store for some medicine. I ended the day with a killer headache - bordering on Migraine territory - and went to bed at 8 o'clock. I actually was in bed for 11 hours! I can't remember the last time that happened - probably before I had kids. Anyway, I felt much better when I woke up this morning.

We left Grandma's house about noon, and after a quick stop at the airport to pick up my Mom's rental car, we caravaned to Crescent City. My Mom went to the Hampton Inn for a few days of R&R before flying back on Wednesday, and I headed to Chris' parent's house. Sunday is family day around here, where all of the siblings and family that are scattered around town come over for dinner and to hang out together, so Aiden and Jack got to see all (almost all) of their several dozen Aunts, Uncles and cousins on this side of the family. It was pretty crazy, but the boys are worn out and sleeping peacefully in their beds. Their beds for the next month, anyway....

I just want to say thank you to all of my friends and readers who have been following our journey out here. It's been a wild ride, and it was nice to know that so many people were thinking about and praying for us. We made it safely with no car trouble or serious problems, and I'm grateful. Chris should be home in about 3-4 weeks, and then we will continue on down to Fort Irwin. I'll keep posting as much as I can, so I hope you all keep reading!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Glad to hear you made it safe Jenn, enjoy your time with your in-laws.

Sara said...

Glad you're here! Let me know when you're settled in. You need to come see the house and we can go out for dinner or something. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Yay you made it!! And everyone is still alive!! LOL