Thursday, October 23, 2008

You've GOT to be kidding me

I have always wanted boys. Really. Although now, I think I must have been insane.

As I was getting out of the shower this morning Aiden tells me he wants to take a bath. Okay, no big deal, it will occupy him for a few minutes while I get dressed. I get him in the bath and go get dressed. I keep checking in on him, he's fine, he's singing, blah, blah, blah. I go get Jack dressed and then poke my head in the bathroom again.

"How are you doing, Aid--WHAT is that smell??"

You guessed it, in the 3 minutes between my bathtub check-ups he pooped in the tub. And no matter how many times I deal with this particular mess, it's still gross. So I strap Jack in the baby seat that I keep in the bathroom, get Aiden out of the tub and give him another bath in the bathroom sink. Not an easy feat with a 35 pound, almost 3 year old. So I get him cleaned up and take both the boys downstairs. I put Jack in his bouncy thing and put on a movie for Aiden so I can go clean up the tub. They'll be fine downstairs for 20 minutes. I mean, how much trouble can they get into? Right? Yeah, you know you're laughing....

I sanitize the tub, put the toys to soak in bleach water and come downstairs. Something's not right. Jack is now crawling on the floor and Aiden is in the bouncy thing. I'm pretty sure I left them the other way around. Not only that, but Aiden is now stuck.

"Mommy, I'm stuck!"

"Let me get this straight - you took Jack out of the bouncy seat by yourself, and put him on the floor so you could get in there and now you're stuck? Serves you right."

But wait - it gets better. I leave Aiden in there for the time being and pick up Jack when I realize that he smells. Great. I take his pants off to change him and he's pooped out of his diaper and all over himself. I just took a deep breath and told myself that Daddy will be home in a WEEK. And then he can find out just what he's been missing....

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Like I have said in the past, if it is going to happen it is going to happen to you.. Your boys!!!!! Too funny!!

Mike Daley said...

And to you, a modern day "She-Ra" super hero, I dedicate this weeks Flash Back Friday.

http://daleytravels.squarespace.com/mad-max-returns/

Pam said...

You do realize I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe??? ROFL!!!!

Mom

(And I can just see you saying "Yeah, yeah, yeah...)

:-)