Saturday, October 4, 2008

Day Sixteen - Medford, Oregon

Well, we finally made it to Medford, to my Grandma's house. We'll be here 'til Sunday and then take off for the last stretch to Crescent City. Since we only had about 75 miles to go today, we took our time getting going this morning, not leaving until about 11:00. I had to go get my makeup bag out of the car and I brought Aiden with me. Now, we were on the fourth floor of the hotel. Aiden has become an expert in elevator operation during this trip and he ran ahead of me down the hall to "push the button". I didn't worry about catching up with him since it usually takes the elevator a few minutes to get there. Well...apparently somone had just gotten off at our floor because the doors were open when he got there. He ran onto the elevator and I realized too late that he had pushed the button for the first floor. Yep, you guessed it - the doors closed and Aiden was on his way down to the lobby all by himself. I pushed open the doors to the stairs and ran down four flights in about minutes to be there when the doors opened in the lobby. I was trying not to pass out when the doors opened and Aiden waltzed off, feeling rather proud of himself. I got a "hi Mommy!" when he saw me standing there and he had no clue what he had just put me through. And that was just the beginning....

I didn't give Aiden any medicine today since it was a short drive. Big mistake. The road was REALLY windy, and about 20 miles outside of Medford, I looked back at Aiden and realized he was about to blow chunks. I frantically told my mom to pull over, and we made it to the side of the road just as his breakfast came up. So here we are in the rain, on the side of the road trying to clean up vomit. Lots of fun, trust me. We get back in the car and make it the last 20 miles and end up at Grandma's house. I get Aiden out of the car and immediately stick him in the bath, while my mom gets Jack out of the car. Aiden is playing in the bathtub with all of his cars when my Mom realizes that Jack has pooped all through himself and has gotten it all over the place - including Grandma's shirt. Great. So I clean him up in the bathroom as well and take him out to the living room to feed him. I'm just getting comfy in the recliner when my mom yells from the bathroom where Aiden is playing.

"Oh Jenn!!! GROSS!!!"

I close my eyes, for I know what's coming. Aiden has pooped in the tub. Seriously, is there anything else involving bodily functions that these kids can come up with today? Geez. So I spent the first hour or so of our visit cleaning up vomit, cleaning up poop (from 2 kids), scrubbing the bathtub and sanitizing all of Aiden's cars in bleach water. What a day, I am SO ready for bed.

Here are today's stats:

Miles traveled: 75

Number of items we left behind in the hotel that we had to go back for: only 1!

Number of times Mapquest was wrong in our directions: 2

Number of times we thought "I can't believe it's almost over": 12

Tomorrow we rest and then it's off to Crescent City!!

4 comments:

Roxxi said...

THAT TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!:0(
Sorry you had a rough day...

Mike Daley said...

If the statute of limitations is up, I can tell you about the time I lost Sarah in the elevator in Paris. Let me talk with my lawyer first.

Brandy said...

Oh Jenn..... If it is going to happen, it is going to happen to you, that is all I got to say!! I bet grandma is so happy to have you at her house! :)

trinity said...

Are you at the house in Apple Valley? Remember that time? We dressed in matching outfits and laid out in the sun on the deck trying to avoid the bees...