Monday, October 13, 2008

Landlords

I found out today that our tenants moved in over the weekend. While I am so thankful to finally have renters, knowing that other people - strangers - are living in my house is kind of weird. It's no longer MY house. Yes, we still own it, but other people are making memories there now. My son's room belongs to someone else. My kitchen will cook other people's meals. Another family is "living" in my living room. Bizarre....

BUT, as long as they pay their rent on time and don't completely trash my house, I guess I can live with that. I guess this makes us officially homeless for the time being. Since we can't go home to our house now, and we don't yet have another one. We are living with my in-laws...how sad....:-) Oh well, I guess that's life in the Army! And so far our visit has been pretty good, the only people who aren't getting along are Aiden and Aslynn, my 2 year-old sister-in-law. She's not thrilled with this gross boy who has moved in on her territory and who plays with her toys and takes some of her Mommy's (Aiden's grandma) attention away from her. We hear a lot of "NO!", "It's MY TURN!" and "STOP!!" in this house. Aiden's been pretty good about sharing, although he doesn't like Aslynn playing with "HIS baby Jack-Jack". In short, there is a lot of 2 year-old drama. And of course, Jack is just as happy as ever, smiling and giggling at everybody. Although Chris' mom told me that Chris was exactly the same way when he was a baby - very easygoing and happy all the time. So I have a feeling that I may be in trouble with this one later down the line....:-)

I'm working on a slide show of pictures from the last couple of weeks, I hope to get it up tomorrow or the next day. There are lots of people and only one computer, so I don't get to just sit and play like I used to! Anyway, I'm going to go attempt to clean up the living room before Prison Break comes on.

No comments: