Thursday, December 25, 2008

Here Comes Santa Claus...

Well, it's Christmas Eve. Tonight we hosted a party at our new house, some of the guys that Chris is now working with and their families came and I cooked a butt-load of food. I realize that "butt-load" is not really a Christmasy term, but that's what it was - a butt-load. I even made a Buche de Noel, which is a traditional french Christmas Cake. It was extremely difficult and turned out swimmingly, if I do say so myself. So after three years of being pregnant, working, or both, I have returned to my former domestic self, and had a blast. I made a couple friends, so hopefully now I'll have someone to hang out with during the day who doesn't poop themselves and think the world revolves around Lightening McQueen.

But...the evening is not over for us. While Aiden ended the evening passed out in front of the TV, Daddy and I get to assemble a 50's Diner which I have a feeling will be the hit of Christmas morning. I actually finished wrapping everything this afternoon, so I just have to fill the stockings and of course...the Diner.

I'm glad to be finally opening all of these presents that have been torturing the boys the last couple of weeks. And really, it's not Aiden who is driving me nuts, it's Jack. He won't leave those ribbons and bows alone! And the little stinker even checks to see if I'm watching him before he goes for the goods. Oh well, he made up for his stinkerness by giving me the best present ever this morning - he put his arms up to me and said "Mama". I love little boys.....:-)

Anyway, off to the toolbox! Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: