Monday, March 2, 2009

New Car

Well, actually, that's not true. It's actually pretty old. Chris' uncle has a 1946 Jeep Willy that he is selling to us for really cheap, and we are going to pick it up this weekend in Lemoore. It needs a little work done to make it run, some wiring stuff and new break lines...or something...I don't really know. Several of the guys on Chris' team now do this kind of thing, so hopefully we won't have to actually pay for any of the labor, since these guys are happy with a case of beer and some brownies. But we - make that Chris - is super excited about this old Jeep. Apparently it's already set up to go off-road and everything. Chris wants to get it painted OD green to make it look like the vintage World War II-era jeep that it is. I think it'll be pretty cool, not to mention that he won't be taking my car to work every day anymore! So we are going over to Lemoore on Thursday, get it ready to be towed on Friday, then Chris and his cousin will tow it up here on Saturday, drive back to Lemoore, and we will all come home on Sunday. No Disneyland for us this 4-day weekend, but I guess it's worth it!

But NEXT month is when the fun starts for us. We have a battalion ball in Primm, Nevada which is not far from Las Vegas. So we are going up to Primm, and my parents are going to join us to watch the kids for the night. Then we are all going to Las Vegas for a couple of days, and have a little fun! Chris has never been to Vegas, and I haven't been in almost 10 years, so it should be fun. We haven't been to a ball since Aiden was a baby, and when I went to try on my ballgown (well, one of them), it didn't fit. Rather than fork out the money for a new gown, I'm going to attempt to lose 10 pounds before then! I'm going to go to the gym at least 3 times a week when Chris gets home from work, and I'm trying to talk him into buying me the Wii Fit, so that way I can work out at home too. This dress WILL fit me by the middle of April!!

Yeah...we'll see! :-)

3 comments:

Brandy said...

The Wii fit is very fun but get ready it will heckle you if you miss a day. It is really going to get me, I haven't worked out in several days, I can't seen to get rid of this cold.... I know they will have a Ball when our guys get back and I don't know if I can lose enough weight to fit in them, but I am going to try.

American Homemaker said...

Just wanted to say hello :) My ex and I used to have an old Willys. I think it was the same year as the one you guys are getting.

I'm a military wife too. The ball sounds like fun. I've never been to one.

Roxxi said...

I LOVE my Wii fit...but like Brandy said...it's brutal...and don't worry about the BMI it's brutal to everyone! It said Joe was obese...have they ever seen Joe??!! ha ha
Enjoy your weekend!:0)
**HUGS**