Thursday, March 12, 2009

Registration

I went down yesterday to register the kids with CYS. For those non-Army folks, CYS is Child and Youth Services, they handle all the daycare, school, youth sports and activities on post, and if you want your kids to participate in any of it, they have to be registered. No big deal, except that you have to have so much paperwork and stuff it's nearly impossible. I wanted to sign the boys up for hourly care at the daycare so that I have a place to take them during appointments and so that I can have a break sometimes, and also to sign Aiden up for PRESCHOOL!!!

Anyway, I called ahead of time, made an appointment and got a list of all the crap I needed to bring with me. Shot records, health assessments signed by their doctor proving they don't have ebola or something, another health screening form, birth certificates, pay stubs, social security cards, 2 emergency contacts in the Fort Irwin area (not that easy when you are new and don't really know that many people yet), not to mention the huge application form you have to fill out. Are you kidding me??? I managed to get it all together and go down there. Chris was going to try to come home and watch the kids for me, but at the last minute he couldn't make it so they had to come too.

After it was all said and done, I got the kids registered and signed up for hourly care, and Aiden is on the waiting list for part-day preschool. YAY!! I have to go to an orientation at 8AM Friday morning, whoever thought THAT was a good time to impart vital information?? Next week, I'm taking the kids to the daycare for a couple hours, and who knows what I'll do. The gym? Scrapbook? Clean house?

Maybe I'll just sit and listen to the silence.....

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Hourly care is a wonderful thing, especially when u don't have to pay for it! One of the few perks of deployments. I also have Maddy on the wait list for part-day preschool. I hope her name comes up soon, she needs the interaction and I know she will love it. I also need the silence.. :)

Roxxi said...

YAY!!! Aiden (and you) will love it!