Monday, August 13, 2007

Pregnancy Amnesia

No, I'm not talking about the forgetfulness you experience during pregnancy, but rather the total memory loss that occurs sometime after giving birth. You don't forget everything, but somewhere along the way you forget about all the bad things that accompany pregnancy, labor and delivery, and you start to think that maybe you'd like to have another baby. It wasn't so bad, right? Sure...

Then you get pregnant again and it all comes flooding back. Morning sickness, headaches, backaches, weight gain, that wonderful feeling of being kicked in the ribs from the inside, not to mention the horrible wracking pain of labor. Of course I also remember how totally wonderful an epidural feels, so that's a positive! The sleepless nights - make that sleepless months - both before and after the baby comes. And it makes you wonder - I wanted to do this again?? This was by choice?? WHAT have I gotten myself into?? I thought about all of that this weekend while I was lying on the couch trying not to throw up.

Then Aiden climbed up on the couch next to me, said, "hi Mommy!" and gave me a kiss.

Oh yeah, that's why I wanted to do this again....

1 comment:

This Motivated Mom said...

OK, you're scaring me now!

I signed up for additional back rubs and "beck-and-call" service from the husband, but so far I've just had headaches and a desire (READ: URGENT NEED) to visit every restroom in the state of Arizona.

Here's to getting past this stage quickly...