Saturday, May 17, 2008

#8

Today is our wedding anniversary, eight years! I have a hard time believing that we've been married that long. Where does the time go? I guess it's a good thing when it flies by, it means you're doing something right. Since we aren't together this year (again) I was thinking about where we've spent our anniversaries, and how many of them we have actually been together for. So here's the list:

#1 - Korea. We were both there, but he was in the field, so we were apart.
#2 - Germany. Together.
#3 - Bulgaria. Chris was deployed to Kosovo, but we were able to meet in Bulgaria that weekend (and that's a WHOLE other story, right Brandy and Lindsay?). Together.
#4 - Germany. Chris was deployed to Iraq, so were apart.
#5 - The US (California). We had just PCS'd from Germany the day before. We took a trip to Greece in April to celebrate. Together.
#6 - The US (Georgia). Together.
#7 - The US (Alabama). Together.
#8 - The US (Alabama). Once again, deployed and apart.

I can't believe I remember them all...pretty soon I won't be able to! I want to do something/go somewhere for our tenth, but since that's in two years I guess I'd better start saving! I'm thinking Hawaii.... :-)

Happy Anniversary, Sweetie, I love you!!

1 comment:

Roxxi said...

awe...happy belated anniversary! I cannot believe it's been 5 and 1/2 for me. I got a good laugh the other day when Joe was giving marriage advice to some friends like he was an "Old Pro"!:0)