Friday, May 30, 2008

That's What I'm Talkin' About!

Okay, you all know me. You know I don't like being screwed with, pushed around or intimidated, and I usually say/do something about it when it happens. I haven't mentioned this yet, but Chris' leave almost got canceled. Some of the guys were told a couple of weeks ago that there weren't enough leave slots and they were basically SOL. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. I gave the chain of command a few days to fix the situation, and when it became clear that they weren't doing anything about it, I decided to take matters into my own hands and I filed a congressional complaint of unfair treatment. You can screw with me all you want, but don't screw with my family. As soon as I sent it however, Chris called and said that they had managed to get him back his leave slot and he was coming home after all. So I let the matter drop. Well, this afternoon I got a very interesting phone call. It was from Congressman Mike Rogers of Alabama. He was calling to see if the situation had been taken care of, or if I still needed help getting him home. That's right, the Congressman CALLED ME to see if he could help. I was totally shocked. But really, isn't that what they are there for, to help us little people? It's sad that we are so surprised when they actually do. I know who I'm voting for in the next election!

2 comments:

Roxxi said...

Go GIRL!!!! You kicked A$$!!!:0)
Hell hath no furry like a woman who needs some! ha ha ha
Have a good time with your hubby!

Mike Daley said...

Well, you do have a congressional letter of thanks in your file, so you qualify for VIP service.

From what I've seen and picked up on Rogers he seems to have a lot in common with our old friend and former Congressman, Frank Riggs