Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Death of a Vacuum Cleaner

I have hated my vacuum cleaner for some time now. It sucks, and not in a good way. I don't think that you can really call it cleaning if the vacuum spits out as much dirt as it takes in. But there was always something else to spend money on, so I've been putting up with it. That, and borrowing my mom's Dyson whenever I needed to really vacuum well. Well, I finally had it with the darn thing and decided it had to go. My Mom knows people at Dyson, and I was able to use the "friends and family" discount they offer and get one half-price.

So I have officially entered the modern world of housecleaning and bought myself a Dyson. I was so excited about it arriving that I walked out to meet the UPS man yesterday when he drove up to deliver it. He understood my excitement, however, as he had bought one already and totally loved it. When a guy loves to vacuum, you know it's a good one! That, or....hmmm.... Anyway, this is no ordinary vacuum cleaner, no, this is the granddaddy of all vacuum cleaners, the Dyson Absolute. Not only is it huge, but this sucker can, well, suck! It's really powerful, and I decided to do a little test the first time out.

I have been vacuuming my carpet everyday for the past two weeks (more on that later) with my mom's Dyson Slim, which is a great vacuum. It's the lightweight model, though, and the Absolute is decidedly a heavyweight. So I vacuumed my bedroom and Aiden's bedroom, and this is what I got. Now keep in mind that this is after 2 weeks of daily vacuuming.



Can I just say, YUCK!! The reason it's so good is that it has these rotating bristles that actually pull apart the carpet fibers, so that instead of just vacuuming up what's on the surface of the carpet, it gets what's deep down inside, in between the fibers. Totally gross, right? That's not all. My Dyson came with a mini-turbine head for vacuuming upholstery and your car and stuff like that. So I decided to vacuum the couch with it, and see what I ended up with....



Again, YUCK! I've been sitting on that?? So I am totally sold on my Dyson vacuum, and if you were unsure before and didn't believe all the hype, BELIEVE it. This vacuum will give any stay-at-home mom or housewife a happy.

Now my old vacuum has been with me for about 7 years, and it served me well for most of those years, so I decided it needed a proper burial. So here is my Hoover, laid to rest in a Dyson coffin.


4 comments:

Pam said...

LOL - I still think you should dismantle the Hoover into a whole bunch of itty bitty pieces... :-D

Glad you're enjoying your new Dyson - wanna come vacuum my house now??

Mom

Chris said...

First we get seperated by a deployment, second my son takes over my rightful place in bed, and now I have to compete with a Dyson.

This vacuum will give any mom or housewife a happy............

I guess you mean, now that you have this really expensive vacuum that works really well. There is no reason why my house should be dirty. I can't wait to see that. Two kids and an annoying dog!

Roxxi said...

I knew you would LOVE it as much as me! And don't let Chris think for one second that he isn't going to use that thing too when he's home. It's not just for women!

Sara said...

So I talked Dana into letting me buy one yesterday...will you send me that paperwork that you have in your email?
I might even have to show him these pictures so he really understands! :)
Glad it finally made it...I know you were anxiously awaiting its arrival!