Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Survivor Corps



I've recently been made aware of an organization called Survivor Corps.
It's a non-profit group working to help the victims of global violence, including members of our military who have served in combat. They help people to survive the effects of war and trauma, and to overcome the obstacles they may face because of it.

Almost everyone nowadays has been touched by our global war on terror, and while I still feel that it is a cause worth fighting for, several years of war does take a toll. My family has made sacrifices - I have a son who has yet to meet his father, or even hear his voice. And while I am confident that he'll meet him soon enough, it's tough. But I know that many others have paid a far greater price than we have, and it's comforting to know that in a world as full of violence as this one, there are people working to combat that violence, and help the people who pay the price. If you'd like more info about Survivor Corps, you can visit their website: http://survivorcorps.smnr.us.

One of their founders, Jerry White, has recently written a book entitled I will Not Be Broken. I'm lucky enough to be receiving a copy of it from Survivor Corps, and I'll be posting a review of it when I'm finished. It talks about how to deal with adversity, and the ups and downs that life throws us all too often, and I know we can ALL benefit from some advice on that subject! So if you're interested, keep your eyes peeled for that. And if you want to check it out now, there are several chapters available for download at:http://iwillnotbebroken.smnr.us.

No comments: