Friday, June 6, 2008

EEWWWW!!!

I hate the South, I'm just going to put that out there. Nothing against the people, I have lots of great friends from the South, but "ya'll" can HAVE it. I HATE BUGS! I cleaned my house really well today, vacuumed under the couch and the TV, stuff like that. So here I am in the evening, enjoying my nice, clean, spotless living room, when what to my wondering eyes should appear but a GIANT FRICKIN' ROACH. I just bug bombed not too long ago, why are they alive??? I'll tell you why. Because it's the South, and the bugs are mutant here and have nine lives, like cats. This time I was by myself without my mom the roach slayer, so I had to do it myself. I drowned it in half a can of Raid, which some may consider overkill, but I consider just enough kill. I tell you what, when my wayward husband finally gets out of Kuwait and back home (hopefully tomorrow), he's going to do some serious bug nuking. I can't wait to get out of here, we don't have bugs like this in California.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Oh man - I AM WITH YOU!!! I just do NOT get what the appeal is with living in the South?? Why is there this migration of retired people to Florida - where I'm sure the bug situation is probably the same considering the weather is the same. UGH!!! Not even mint juleps make this worthwhile...and for the record Jenn - it WAS a roach that was crawling on my ceiling when I was talking to you!!!

trinity said...

If it makes you feel any better...while we may not have Roaches (thank God) My apartment has had it's (and a few other's) share of Gigantic Spiders and I mean HUGE. And now I have been having Centipedes icky. They crunch when you kill them. The Spiders leave purple ooze. So don't worry...we have bugs too.

patti said...

When I first moved to GA (Macon) from CA I found out about the giant roaches. I swear they came out at night and moved furniture. My dog used to flip them over onto their backs and wait for us to come get them. And have you found their infamous "egg cases"? Having grown up in CA, I thought only people from the wrong side of town had roaches. So, these huge things must have been roaches nobody killed so they just kept growing LOL! And living in base housing, if one person got their house sprayed, the roaches just moved next door it seemed. I found out these were wood roaches and they were supposed to grow that big. But I agree, it was culture shock :-)

patti, mike's cousin in the soggy midwest