Sunday, June 22, 2008

Finally! *If you haven't seen Indy 4 - don't read this!*

Last night I finally joined up with the rest of the world and saw Indiana Jones 4. I thought it was a good movie, but - aliens? That was kind of weird. But since I've been anxiously awaiting this movie since the first whisperings were heard, I did like it. I mean, who doesn't like Indiana Jones?! That theme music makes me feel 12 years old again, and it was well worth the wait to see it. Plus, I got to go out with my hubby minus children, so that was also nice. Also very nice was the Malibu Hurricane I had with dinner. A little coconut rum (yeah, Roxanne!), a little Southern Comfort, it's been a long time since I had a drink! Anyway, I think my favorite part of the movie was at the end when his son grabs Indy's hat and starts to put it on only to have it snatched away. I love that - don't mess with the hat, junior.

3 comments:

Roxxi said...

I LOVED it and also thought the aliens thing was a little weird! Joe surprised me last weekend and came home. We went and saw indy 4, had a nice dinner and had a few drinks too!:0)

Mike Daley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Daley said...

Remember that Lucas/Speilburg like to use the Indy series to make movies in context with the film making techniques and style of the time the story line matches.
The 50's were full of alien movies and anti-communist propaganda in the "B" movie style.

I was wondering about this as I saw parts of the film obviously done in the sound studio with a painted background, when most movies done today use live location shots. But then I realized this was done to reflect the 50's movie making style.

June 23, 2008 9:35 AM