Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You've Come A Long Way, Baby!

I came home yesterday to a package on my doorstep from Chris. It was my Valentine's Day present. It was a gift basket from Godiva Chocolatier. And let me just say, WOW! It was full of chocolates, truffles, shortbread cookies, chocolate-covered strawberries, candy bars, you name it. Was I ever impressed! You know how it is with guys after you've been married a while, they tend to let that stuff go a little bit....you're lucky if you get a card. The first Valentine's Day we were together, I got a proposal - kind of hard to top that. After that I usually got a card, and maybe some flowers, and that was after several days of me going, "you know, Valentine's Day is coming up....HINT HINT!" But he has never forgotten, so points for him (although I'm sure there have been a few early morning runs to the flower shop on the day of...) But this was awesome, I didn't have to remind him, and I got it on time, from Iraq! And it's something that he knows I love - good chocolate! So this is proof that you can train a man, it just takes about 8 years!

1 comment:

Roxxi said...

That's so cool! Props to Chris!
I got some school stuff too and he actually put thought into mine too unlike the past!;0)