Sunday, April 13, 2008

Grrr....

So it's Sunday evening and we just got back from the hospital. I started having some sharp pains really frequently, I wasn't sure what it was (it didn't feel like contractions) so I decided to go up to Labor and Delivery and get checked out, just in case. Once I got there, the pains stopped - of course - but I started having contractions. They were up there on the monitor, plain as day, 6-8 minutes apart. The doctor checked me and I'm STILL 2 centimeters dilated, and only about 25% effaced. So while we are seeing some progress, and I am having contractions, they aren't strong enough or close enough together to keep me there. So they sent me home. So now we are just waiting for the contractions to get closer together and more intense, and then I can go back to the hospital. We'll see what tonight brings...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Jack just wanted to see how long it would take to get from your house to the hospital! Now that he knows the timeframe he's working will, he can plan his escape! LOL Ok anyway hope everything goes well at the Dr's!

Robin said...

Depending on the weather, since it is over cast with scattered showers, you could possibly go for a walk. I was in about the same position as you so one evening after DH got home we went for a 2 mile walk. 1/2 was up hill. By the next morning contractions were stronger. Went to the hospital that night (around 6) and I was 6cm. Come on Jack, the world is waiting for you!

Anonymous said...

That kid's just trying to get your patience level back up there before he's here! :) Little does he know that it's back-firing on him! I'll be thinking of you today...I hope to hear good news soon. I'm even getting impatient!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I know you won't be reading this for a while, since I just talked to Amber and she informed me that you are officially in labor! Yay! Just wanted to say I love you and I'm thinking of you!!

Mike Daley said...

Just to hijack the blog for a bit, Sara, and others, our blog has some of the first pictures and news on the baby. See Blog buddies "Pam Daley"

Grandpa (twice now)