Monday, April 21, 2008

One Week Later...

...and we are still alive. Although this 2 kid business has changed my thinking somewhat. You know those leashes you see on some kids? I always thought that was so horrible to put a leash on your kid, I mean, they are not a dog, for crying out loud! But now, I know why they were invented. When you are at the store, and you have a baby in the cart AND another kid who doesn't know how to listen to directions, what are you supposed to do? If you put them in the basket, there is no room for the food. So today, I bought a leash for Aiden. I'm going to hook that puppy to the side of the cart and watch him try to escape. Should be funny.

Also, any advice from you other mommies out there on how to get your two-year old to sleep through the night? Without screaming the house down? Aiden has decided that he's going to wake up several times during the night now, and I don't know why. He's never been a good sleeper, but this is ridiculous. I've got 2 kids in the bed with me now, and if I don't figure something out, I'm going to have to buy a bigger bed. Right now it's not so bad with Chris gone, but when he comes home it might get a little crowded. Not to mention awkward. For now, I just think of it this way, having both of them in bed with me is my insurance policy that I won't end up with another one in 9 months.... :-)

And finally, here are some pictures I took yesterday of my boys. They look like sweet little angels, don't they? Ha.


4 comments:

Roxxi said...

AAAWWWEEE!! So sweet!
I hope you find something that works for Aiden! Have you tried "Grandpa's cough syrup" in the sippy cup!:0)

Roxxi said...

ps... I was just kidding!:0)
I hit send before I wrote that!

Unknown said...

Grandma has been seriously considering doctoring Aiden's bedtime bottle with something like that! :-)

Pam
(And yes, I'm kidding too {cough cough})

Anonymous said...

The boys are so cute together, glad everyone is still alive! Sorry don't know what to tell you to get Aiden to sleep. I agree with the cough syrup! Ok just kidding, but you might get one goods night sleep. Is he waking up because Jake is waking up? Hope you get it figured out soon!