Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lightning Never Strikes Twice?

I finally got my truck out of the shop yesterday, and it looks great. But as I was driving home it started to pour down rain. And if you've never experienced a Southern Summer Storm, let me tell you it comes down hard and fast. So I am at an intersection waiting for the green light when all of a sudden lightning strikes the power pole attached to the traffic light. It was about 20 feet from my car, and so bright it nearly blinded me for a minute. Talk about freaked out. I pulled into the nearest parking lot and waited out the storm, it was raining so hard I couldn't see 10 feet past my car. I'm just glad the boys were with my Mom. So I finally get back to her house, wait for the rain to stop completely and get the boys home. When I pull up the driveway I have a clear view of my backyard, and the top half of a tree laying on the ground. It seems that a tree in the middle of my backyard got struck by lightning and the top half broke off and fell down. It looks a little charred on the top. It wasn't that windy, so I don't think it just blew over, I'm pretty sure it was lightning.

Crazy, huh?

No comments: