Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Travelin' Tuesdays

I've been going through some of my old pictures - mostly ones that I took while in London, Paris, Athens, and so on and I've decided to share them with you guys. So every Tuesday (I hope I don't forget) I'm going to post a picture from somewhere around the world and share it's story. I hope you guys enjoy Travelin' Tuesdays.

For the first edition we have a picture of the hotel we stayed at when we went to London. This was in August of 2003, going on 5 years ago!! Wow!! Anyway, we actually stayed in Gatwick, about a 30 minute train ride from London. It was an old Edwardian house that was converted to a bed and breakfast, and run by a nice old English couple. This house had some great character and was definitely not your run of the mill tourist hotel. I'm so glad we decided to stay here, it was worth the extra time into the city, and we met some interesting people.


Down the street from the BB was an old pub - The Fox Revived. Now this place was amazing. This was no tourist trap by any means! This was a real, honest to goodness, genuine English Pub, complete with greasy fish and chips and warm beer. The patrons were all locals (except for us) who had grown up together, knew each other's kids and grandkids, and liked nothing better than to spend the evening drinking beer and catching up on the day's events with each other. It had great atmosphere and was a wonderful addition to our trip!

No comments: