Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Time to Lock the Doors

Yesterday Aiden wanted something out of the fridge and I said no. He went up to the fridge door and opened it all by himself, a little accidentally I think. He looked at me with that same look he got on his face when he got water out of the dispenser the first time. A mix of "holy cow look what I just did!" and "am I in trouble?".... So now there is a lock on the door to the fridge. And since I can barely open the darn thing, maybe I'll finally lose the rest of that baby weight!

This morning I woke up about 7:45 and I thought I heard the TV. I thought to myself, "did I leave the TV on last night? I don't think I did..." so I got up. Aiden's door was open. Not good. I went out into the living room and there he was, sitting on the couch watching Cars. He actually got up, turned on the TV and pushed play on the DVD player (Cars was already in it, big surprise). Then he looks at me and says, "morning!" He's two years old! Is he supposed to be able to do this already?? So now I'm going to have to start locking the door to his room at night, so he can't get up and wander the house by himself. Sigh....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that sounds about right. I remember when Brian was 2 he woke up and didn't wake us up he went into the kitchen opened the fridge and got out the eggs, guess he was planning on breakfast. He ended up dropping eggs all over the floor and tried to clean it up. Then he gave up and woke up Thomas who got to clean up the eggs all over the floor. So be thankful he turned on the tv!

Roxxi said...

Oh......the joys of boys!:0)