Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Where Did This Kid Come From?

I am just in awe at the differences between Jack and Aiden when he was a baby. Let me give you an example "day in the life of Jack":

8:30-9:00am - Wake up. Eat.
9:00-11:00am - Play with my toys. Flirt with Mom. Eat.
11:00am-2:30pm - Nap.
2:30-3:00pm - Eat.
3:00-4:30pm - Play with my toys. Practice holding my head up.
4:30-6:30pm - Nap.
6:30-7:00pm - Eat.
7:00-9:00pm - Play with my Toys. Swing in my swing. Chew on my books.
9:00 - Eat and go to bed.

He usually wakes up around 11:00 for a snack, which is about the time I'm going to bed. He falls back to sleep and will wake up around 3am for a feeding and then again around 8am. Then he'll fall back to sleep for another hour or so.

I had no idea that babies actually slept this much. Aiden always slept the absolute minimum from the day he was born, and continues to do so. Jack never fusses unless he's hungry or has to burp, or I take too long to lay him down for his nap. And this kid will actually go to sleep when I lay him down. With Aiden I had to stay in there until he fell asleep. Jack just lays down, says, "peace! I'm out", and that's that. I don't know what I did while pregnant to get a baby like this, but I am going to do everything exactly the same next time! This is totally awesome. I guess God just made sure I got the hard one out of the way first....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad he's so well behaved for you! But remember just because Jack is a good baby doesn't mean the next one will be...

Pam said...

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think about this kid! Maybe he's just going to be mellow his whole life (honestly, what baby does NOT cry while getting a blood test??) or maybe he's lulling you into a false sense of security...heh heh.

Whatever it is - enjoy! :-)

Mom