Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Cooties!


When I dropped Aiden off at daycare yesterday morning, one of the little girls in his class ran up to him yelling, "Hi Aiden!" and gave him a big hug and a great big kiss on the cheek. I thought it was so cute, but apparently my son felt differently about it. He just stood there during the onslaught of female affection and afterwards he reached up and wiped the girl's kiss off of his cheek. He then looked up at me with the most priceless expression I have ever seen. He looked as if he'd just been slimed by some disgusting, extraterrestrial creature. You could just tell that he was so grossed out by the whole thing. Apparently "girl cooties" do exist in the toddler world.


I told Chris about it and he asked me what the little girl looked like. I told him she was a cute little blond girl and he said, "well, at least he's attracting the pretty, blond girls. He's on the right track!" Such a totally male thing to say!

No comments: