Monday, October 15, 2007

Dogs

So I seem to have rotten luck when it comes to my neighbor's dogs. My new neighbors next door have 2 rottweilers. I'm not at all thrilled at the idea of 2 potentially vicious dogs living next door to me. So far they have been locked up in their backyard, but the minute I see them wandering around I'm raising hell. Anyway, it gets better. One of them is pregnant. I mean, really pregnant. And the best part of all - they bark all night long. I've about had it. I think the next time I hear them barking non-stop in the middle of night, I'm going to go over and "politely request" that they SHUT THEIR DOGS UP!! And I'm going to "politely request" this at 2 am when I can't sleep. Maybe I'll even go over there with Aiden in his jammies and bleary-eyed and grumpy from lack of sleep. I'll play up my pregnant belly and the grumpy kid and let them know that they are not exactly making friends in the neighborhood. What do you think?

3 comments:

Roxxi said...

DO IT!!! Until they are woken up out of their beds they won't realize how annoying the dogs really are! SHOW THEM YOUR INNER BUFFY!!!!:0)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your inconsiderate and irresponsible neighbors. However, I can't say that I agree with your opinion on rottweilers being "potentially vicious." I have three dogs, one is a rottweiler that is registered with the AKC as a "Canine Good Citizen" and also a registered Therapy Dog by Therapy Dogs International. Rottweilers have a strong will, however my rottie has had lots of obedience classes and is extemely docile. I love him dearly. It sounds as your neighbors dogs are bored and lonely, which is such a shame. Not only are you being affected but the dogs as well. I would "gently" talk to them about the noise and if that doesn't work, call animal control. Maybe they would be better off in someone else's home.

Anonymous said...

I am late reading this but someone did do that to my neighbors across the street when the Beagle kept them up, I thought it was so funny when she told me a guy showed up and rang her doorbell @ 3am!! Unfortunately it didn't do any good, the poor dog is still outside and yes, he still barks.