Sunday, January 20, 2008

Girl's Night

I actually had a girl's night last night, for the first time in I don't know how long!! My friend Amber and I went to dinner, mini-golf and a movie. Her husband is deployed with Chris, so we've been trying to get together and hang out sometimes. It was really nice!! I didn't have to worry about Aiden, since he was with my parents, and I didn't get home until midnight, which let me tell you is late for me these days! I guess I'm getting old....

Also making me feel kind of old is the fact that Amber is 19. She's a newly married Army wife, this is her first deployment since marrying the military. She's very sweet and we had a good time, but it was quite a reality check to realize she wasn't old enough to get a margarita at the mexican place we went to, and she's actually younger than some of the kids I used to babysit for...wow....! Does that make me the old, experienced army wife? How did that happen? I used to be the young wife that could stay out all night and do whatever I wanted, now I'm the one with kids who's done this a bunch times and has all the "knowledge" (whatever!). Times change...

ANYWAY - we saw 27 Dresses, has anyone seen that yet? It was pretty cute, I recommend it. And by the way, I would just like to point out that I have now seen 3 movies at the theater so far this year, and it's only January! Compared to the whopping 1 movie that I saw at the theater all of last year, I'm on quite a roll!

And just to let everyone know - Chris and I have chosen a name for this impending bundle of kickboxing joy - Jack Michael, or Jack-Jack, as his big brother has christened him....I think we've seen The Incredibles one too many times.... :-)

3 comments:

Roxxi said...

Jack Michael sounds cute! The Tabits have a Jack and they call him jack jack too!It's cute!:0)

Anonymous said...

Jack Jack huh? Yeah it's time to watching the Incredibles LOL. It's a cute name!

Anonymous said...

OOPSS that's suppose to say it's time to stop watching the Incredibles!