Thursday, January 3, 2008

Uh Oh....

There is this scrapbooking store in town that I've never been to, so I decided to check them out today. Bad idea. Bad, bad, bad idea. There is of course no possible way for me to walk into a scrapbooking store and just look, so of course I had to buy some stuff. And I discovered that they have what they call "crop parties" every other Friday from 4pm to midnight. You just bring in whatever you want to work on, and you can use all of their machines and cool little doo-dads that they have, and just hang out with other crazy scrapbookers. They also have occasional "pajama nights", where you come in your jammies and scrapbook all night long to your heart's content. What could be better?? I signed up for the next crop party on the 18th of January, so we'll see how that goes. Just what I need, another way to feed my obsession.... :-)

I've also been thinking about trying to scrapbook professionally. There are people out there called Professional Scrapbook Artists who get paid a lot of money to create custom albums for people who don't have the time or inclination to do it themselves. I honestly cannot think of a better job than to get paid for scrapbooking. I mean, seriously?? I would get to work from home, doing something I love and getting paid out the nose for it. Plus, I would now have an excuse to buy all the cool scrapbooking stuff I wanted, and it would all be a tax write-off! So we'll see how that works out.... In the mean-time, if anyone knows of anybody who would be interested in having their photos professionally archived, let me know!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you find out about this pro-scrapbooker thing? Let me know how things work out for you...maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon too!

Roxxi said...

You can make me one! I have always wanted to finish a wedding one....maybe I'll be yout first client!:0)