Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Chris!

Today is Chris' birthday, he's 29!

That makes it his golden birthday, since he's 29 on the 29th. I told him yesterday that we are going to go out to dinner tonight in his honor, and maybe I'll have a virgin margarita for him. I also told him I think Aiden should start a paper-chain, as a countdown to his 30th birthday....he didn't like that idea so much.

I sent him season 6 of 24 on DVD for his birthday, since it looks like season 7 is going to be post-poned indefinitely. Is anyone else getting really tired of this writer's strike? There are only 2 current shows on TV that I try and watch on a regular basis - Prison Break and 24. While I realize we have been treated to 5 whole new episodes of Prison Break, it's been so long that I can hardly remember what's going on anymore, and who knows when they will actually finish the season? I'm not one to complain about something like television, but come on!! How many people are out of work because of this strike? It's not like everyone who works in the entertainment industry is a millionaire, I mean 90% of these people need to work, they have bills to pay and families to support. It's starting to get a little ridiculous if you ask me.

Anyway, the point of this post was to wish Chris a Happy Birthday, so I'll stop rambling now.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a happy birthday Chris!!

And Jennifer, yes I'm tired of the writers strike as well! Enjoy your dinner tonight!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris! I will have a margarita in your honor tonight! (most definitely not a virgin one...)

I also am very irritated with the writers strike. We've just been watching 24 on DVD. I've been trying to keep up on Prison Break...but I don't have a clue what's going on. I'm just going to get the DVD.

Anyway, have fun at dinner!