Friday, March 28, 2008

Baby Update

Well...I went to the doctor today for my c-section pre-op appointment/38 week OB appointment. As it turns out, the baby has turned head down. The odds of this happening so late in the pregnancy are very slim, so he's proving that he's a stubborn, unpredictable little rascal. So this means that I am no longer going in for a planned c-section, I am back to a regular, vaginal delivery. So now we are in the "waiting for me to go into labor at any time" phase. The doctor checked me and he said I'm not dilated at all and he's still pretty high, but with second babies they don't usually drop until right before labor begins. So basically, he could come at any time. I was really looking forward to the whole avoiding labor thing, but oh well! I survived it before and decided I wanted to do it again, so I guess I'll live! I've been having a lot of braxton hicks contractions the last few days, more than I ever did with Aiden, so maybe he's gearing up to make an appearance. Anyway, I'll keep you all posted!

4 comments:

Roxxi said...

YAY!!!Here comes baby!!!:0) Hope all goes well. We'll be praying for you!!
Love you all!

Roxxi

Anonymous said...

He'll be here before you know it! Hope everything goes well. I'll be thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, a stubborn one in the family...big surprise! :) We'll all be thinking of you. See you in 36 days! :)

Brandy said...

Don't get discouraged about not being dilated, I was at 1 cent when I went to the hospital after being in labor for about 4 hours and I thought I was going to die! It can happen very quickly. Good luck!