Sunday, March 30, 2008

Boys Will be Boys....

....and they will not listen to their mommies and they will get hurt. We went to Grandma's house today to hang out and have a lazy Sunday. Instead, we ended up in the ER. Aiden was sitting at the kitchen table in a big boy chair and he was goofing around, not sitting still, trying to climb on the table and tipping the chair back. I kept telling him to sit down, that he was going to fall and get hurt, but did he listen to me? Nooo.... And sure enough, he fell. At first, I didn't think he had hit anything, just scared himself. Then he turned to look at me. And there was a nice, deep gash on his upper lip that was starting to drip blood all over the place. And he was screaming. I looked at it and thought it might be deep enough to need stitches, so Grandma grabbed some ice and a cold washcloth and we jumped in the car. He cried the whole way there but was okay by the time we got settled in the waiting room. Long story short, the cut had closed enough by the time the nurse looked at him to not require stitches. The benefits of getting ice on it instantly, I guess. They cleaned it really well and put some Dermabond (basically super glue) over the cut to hold it closed for a few days. That traumatized him, but he was pacified with stickers afterwards and he's been fine ever since. But I'm sure he'll have a nice manly scar on his upper lip now, hopefully to always remind him that he should listen to his mother....nah, probably not....



My other son also kind of freaked me out today. He was moving all over the place this evening so I lifted up my shirt to watch my belly going in all different directions, when I suddenly saw the outline of a little hand pushing up against my belly. Talk about FREAKY! I mean, on the one hand, it was cool, there is really a little person in there, but on the other hand, it was rather disturbing. I guess he was looking for the door. Jack, if you see a light, FOLLOW IT!!!!

1 comment:

Roxxi said...

Boys will be boys huh??!! I am sure daddy is going to love the "war scar" Aiden got!!:0)