Saturday, March 1, 2008

March Belly Shot and Baby Update


For those of you who are waiting, here is the March belly shot. I also went to the doctor yesterday, and it seems that this child is already showing his stubborn streak. He has yet to turn head down, and is still in a breech position. My doctor said that if he hasn't turned by the time I'm 36 weeks (2 weeks from now), I'll most likely need to deliver by C-section. Considering the fact that only 5 percent of babies are still breech at the 34 week mark, I'm thinking that's what's going to happen! We could attempt what's called external version, where the doctor tries to turn the baby from the outside by pushing on him, but it's supposed to be very unpleasant for the mother, and can pose some risk to the baby. There is no guarantee it will work, so basically it's a "let's see if this works" method. I think I'll skip it, thanks! So I'll know more in 2 weeks, and if I do end up with a c-section, it will probably be at around the 38 week mark, to make sure I don't go into labor first. So this baby could be arriving sooner than expected!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he'll make the turn around in time, I know Brian waited to the last minute to turn too. But if you end up with a c-section it's ok too, I know how that is!! Guess that means I should get off my butt and mail you what I bought for him!

5Mutarts said...

You look great! If I had three C-sections, I am sure you can handle it! I am excited for you!

Roxxi said...

Yeah...totally need to mail you some things!! Send me your address through my email!!
By the way you look really good for being that far along! You are all belly!:0)