Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Getting Ready

Well, my family came over today to help me get everything ready for this baby. We've got the co-sleeper moved in to the bedroom and set up, the changing table is ready to go, I've got the swing down from the attic, the bouncy chair is put together and the carseat is in the car. I've washed all the baby clothes and organized everything in the drawers. I think I'm ready to go. All I need to do now is pack my hospital bag.

I think Aiden is starting to figure out that this "Jack-Jack" thing we all keep talking about might actually be a big deal. There is suddenly all this stuff in the house for Jack (that he's not allowed to play or climb on), I keep folding lots of little clothes that are too small for him, and my belly is rather noticeable when he tries to hug me or sit on my lap. I think he is really starting to wonder what the heck is going on. Plus, he's gotten extremely clingy all of a sudden. He's still okay whenever I'm gone and he's with Grandma or Grandpa, but as soon as I come home (or he does), he's all over me.

In other news...it looks like we are going back to Germany!!! Chris is supposed to be put on assignment to Hohenfels (for those of you not familiar with Germany, that's a post about 45 minutes or so from where we were stationed before), hopefully as an OC. I say "supposed to" because anything can change, and we don't have orders yet, but it looks pretty for sure. Even so, I'll get excited when I have it in writing! But should this all work out the way it's supposed to, we will be PCSing to Germany within 30 days of Chris returning from Iraq. Which means that I get to execute an overseas PCS with kids, sell my house, AND have a baby while my husband is deployed. I'll be the one making all the arrangements for everything - mostly by myself. If I pull this off and we all make it to Germany in one piece (as well as our stuff), I think I should get my "Army Wife Merit Badge" or something....don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! This time I am coming to Germany to see you! I will not miss out on that like last time.
Also, I'm getting very excited about my trip in May! So get thinking about things that I can help you with while I'm there.

5Mutarts said...

Germany? That is awesome! =) And if anyone asks you already deserve getting the merit badge! Is this your first C-section? We need to catch up! Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks!