Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Pitter-Patter of Little Feet...

...or should I say the kicks, jabs and karate-chops of little feet?? The baby is really starting to kick a lot, and getting stronger and stronger every day. Sometimes he can be felt from the outside, and soon there will be no denying it. I can definitely tell that he reacts more strongly to certain things I eat or drink - namely my peppermint mocha splurge a couple of times a week, orange juice and anything chocolate related. Sometimes ice cream sets him off, too. I guess it's cold!

I had Aiden in bed with me the other night, as happens occasionally, usually when he's sick. He's got a cold (the never-ending daycare sniffles), and so he was tossing and turning quite a bit. Of course, my queen-sized bed isn't big enough for the both of us (seems to work just fine for his Dad and I, but apparently Aiden needs more room to flop around) and I ended up with his feet and elbows and knees digging into me all night. When coupled with the fact that I am also getting kicked and jabbed from the inside, it makes for a fun night of no sleeping.

Oh well, the price of being mommy to two already rowdy boys, right??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it's hard enough being kicked by one I couldn't imagine 2! When Brian was still in my belly, I always got lots of movement from Orange juice too.

Roxxi said...

Too cute! You are gonna blink and those two will be rolling around wrestling with Daddy in the living room!!!:0)