Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Shop 'til You Drop

We're back from our trip to the North Pole, otherwise known as Minneapolis. It was so cold there, I had trouble even taking a breath. To say that it was freezing really doesn't do it justice, because "freezing" refers to 32 degrees. It never got above 23 the whole time we were there. And usually it was colder than that, somewhere around -4 or so....I actually had to break out my Columbia snowboarding coat, snowboots, hat and gloves, and that was just to walk from the hotel to the waiting shuttle. I'm seriously a California girl at heart....

And now, THE MALL. Over 4 million square feet of retail therapy. And we walked all 4 million square feet several times over. I'm considered a professional in some circles when it comes to shopping, and I actually had to take a hot bath to soak away the aches and pains at the end of the day. But hey, that's the best kind of exercise if you ask me! They have every store you can possibly think of, and then some. My favorites were Archiver's (I seriously don't need to ever go in there again!!), and H&M (memories of shopping in Germany). I finished up most of my Christmas shopping, and got some good deals for me!

Aiden did just fine without me for a few days, he had a grand 'ol time with Grandpa. When we first got home and walked in the door, he didn't even really care that I was back, as he was engrossed in some Mickey Mouse cartoons. Such love. But after a few minutes he was excited and running around, dispensing hugs to everyone and just being cute. He was especially interested when presents started getting handed out, and was very curious about the contents of my extremely heavy suitcase. So now that I know he won't cease to exist without me, I'm trying to figure out how I can go back again next year.... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. I know how much I love to shop!! Well it's just as cold here, so I'm not sure you want to come to Ft. Carson! It's snowing here right now!

Roxxi said...

TAKE ME TAKE ME!!! I want to go next year!:0)