Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Beginning of the End

I was at the computer yesterday and Jack was playing on the floor behind me. I turned around to check on him and he wasn't there. Huh? Where could he have gone? He was on the other side of the room, having rolled there all by himself. I knew he could roll from his tummy to his back, but not the other way around. He must have figured it out in his sleep or something, because he's been rolling around all over the floor ever since. He's 4 months old.

Now you may be thinking this is a good thing, he's getting so big, blah, blah, blah. No! This is NOT a good thing!! I was enjoying the fact that I had one child that would stay where I put him. Now, they are both mobile. How is this a good thing? Not only do I have a whirling tornado to contend with, now I have to chase around after my little rolling tumbleweed, too.

But of course, I have to praise him when he does it. I mean, he looks so proud of himself and it is pretty cute to watch. And it's quite an accomplishment for a 4 month old, so I have to be a good mommy and show my appreciation. "Yay, Jack....." Oh well. It just means I get to burn more calories, right? Right.....

No comments: