Saturday, August 2, 2008

It Never Rains in Southern California....

That's not actually true, it does rain in So Cal, just not where we're going! But as I mentioned before, we have our orders, so it's in writing. We are going back to California. I also have in writing that we are authorized advanced placement on the housing waiting list back to when he first left on deployment. Which means that when we get there, we are going to bump a whole bunch of people down on the list, and we should get a house almost immediately. I think a part of me should feel bad for the poor people who are going to get bumped because of us, but I'll have gone without my husband for 15 months, so yeah, I'll take some preferential treatment. I'm starting to think this move may actually happen, now that I have some concrete proof!

Anyway, we are finishing up some stuff on the house this weekend, then I'll post some pics. It's looking quite fabulous, I think! And if you are in the mood to read, check out Crazy in Alabama, Lindsay's new blog. I can personally vouch for how crazy she is... :-)

No comments: