Saturday, August 23, 2008

Flash Forward

You know how sometimes you have a flashback or a "deja vu" moment, where you remember something that happened before? Well last night I had a "flash forward" moment, a very clear picture of what my life is going to be like for the next 20 years or so. Let me explain....

I decided to give the boys a bath together last night and save myself some time. Since Jack is able to sit for a few seconds now without falling over, it's a little easier to bathe him. They are both in the bathtub, splashing and having a grand time when Aiden gets one of those hair-brained ideas that little boys are so famous for. He takes a big mouthful of bathwater (I will never understand the need to put the water that you just bathed in in your mouth, but boys are just gross) and spits it out over the side of the tub onto the floor. This makes his adoring little brother burst out laughing hysterically. Now if you have boys (or men), you know that nothing is a bigger incentive to continue doing something than laughter. Aiden takes another big mouthful and does it again, to Jack's delight. So now Aiden's spitting out water, I'm yelling at him to STOP IT RIGHT NOW, and Jack is laughing so hard he can't breathe.

This is just great. Jack is only 4 months old and already his big brother is thinking up retarded things to do to make him laugh. What's going to happen when they get older? I'm seeing lots of broken bones and stories that will be funny when I'm 70.

I always said I wanted three boys. Mind you, I said this before I had any boys. I think it's turning out to be one of those "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" things. You want to make God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

No comments: