Monday, August 18, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot!

I came home yesterday afternoon after going out to lunch with my mom and my house felt really warm. I checked the thermostat and it read in the mid-eighties. Not good, since it was set at 76. Hmmm...I lowered the temperature to get the air to come on and nothing happened. My air conditioner went kaplooey. So I checked the breaker switch which was no help at all, and decided to give my home warranty company a call. Since it was Sunday I had to wait until Monday for them to send somebody out to look at it, so the kids and I picked up and went over my parent's house for the night. It was just too damn hot to stick it out here with no air conditioning! Alabama in the middle of August is probably the WORST time to have your air go out. The technician came out this morning and looked at it, and told me that the computer board in my air handler was bad. I have no idea what that means, but he managed to bypass it for the time being so I have air, but the fan is going to run 24/7 until they get the part in. Of course it has to be ordered, so it will be about a week before it's totally fixed. At least I have air conditioning now though. I'm just glad this happened now instead of 2 or 3 months from now when we have a tenant in here and we are on the other side of the country! Anyway, it's a nice, balmy 75 degrees in my house now, which is just the way I like it.

No comments: