Friday, August 15, 2008

Growing Boy

Jack had his 4 month well-baby check-up today. He weighs 14 pounds, 7 ounces, which is over a pound more than Aiden weighed at this age. Since Aiden is big for his age, I shudder to think how big Jack's going to be! I really don't know where my kids are getting this from, since Chris and I aren't really big people....Anyway, the doctor says that he's pretty advanced for a 4 month-old (which of course, I already knew...) since he's already pulling himself up to a sitting position and loves to stand while holding your hands. He has a lot of strength in his legs, and is doing very well.
I started him on rice cereal last week, since he seemed to be hungrier than usual. He is not fond of rice cereal, he doesn't like it at all - not that I blame him. Have you tasted this stuff? Nasty. So I asked the doctor if I could go ahead and give him fruits and vegetables and he told me to go for it. So I went with the bananas first, since my doctor told me that they've disproved the notion that you should give veggies first, apparently it makes no difference. Here's a picture of Jack's first taste of bananas.


After a few bites, he was all about it. I guess bananas taste better than rice cereal. I think after a few days of bananas, I'll try mixing it with the cereal, see if he likes that better. Anyway, now that he's started on solids, I'm sure he's going to really start putting on that baby fat!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And those boys only get bigger and bigger!! Brian weighed 14 pounds by 2 months!

Roxxi said...

TOO CUTE!!!! I cannot believe he is that old now! WOW!! Time sure does fly!